Last Updated on
The iPad passcode was created for a reason. With the help of this passcode, you can prevent unauthorized access to your device. Your friends or family might be tempted to use this device without your permission when you are not around, but they won’t be able to do that when there’s a passcode involved. Of course, this protection can help you in case you lose your device or your iPad gets stolen. But, what happens if you forget the iPad passcode? Or even worse, you can’t access it even with your computer?
For some users, this might mean visiting the local repair service and looking for a solution. While there’s nothing wrong with this option, it might be a good idea to try a few methods that can help you unlock the iPad passcode without a computer. The methods that we will describe in this article are safe, simple, and don’t require much time.
Using Siri to unlock iPad without computer
The popularity of Siri, Apple’s virtual assistant is growing. The latest updates have made this assistant even easier to use and more helpful. But, only a small number of iPad users know that they can take advantage of Siri when it comes to unlocking iPad without computer and without typing the passcode. Now let’s see what users should do to use this solution.
- First of all, ask Siri to launch an application that you have NOT downloaded on the iPad. If everything is okay, Siri will inform you that the app you are looking for is not present on the iPad. It will also suggest using the App Store to search for the app and pop up the App Store icon on the screen.
- After that, select the App Store icon. You will get access to a new browser window where you have two options – select the last application or update other applications or push twice on the Home button. By selecting any of these two options, the task slide preview will show up on the main screen.
- As expected, you should swipe the active front screen task that you have selected and you will gain unlimited access to your iPad.
There are two things that you should consider if you are planning on using this method. First of all, this solution works only on iPads that have iOS 10.3.2 or newer. Next, Siri must be able to recognize your voice.
Using Previous Auto Erase Setup to unlock iPad without computer
Here’s another example of a solution that will help you unlock the iPad even without using a computer. Users are free to enable this feature when they are setting up their iPad passcode. To make this solution work, you will have to guess the passcode ten times. In other words, after ten failed attempts to type the passcode, you will trigger Auto Erase and remove all the stored information on your iPad (including passcode). It’s practically an automated factory reset option. Once the process is finished, you will have to restart the device and use your iPad which will be as good as new.
Guide to activating the Auto Erase option
- This is a very simple process that begins once you go to Settings and select Touch ID & Passcode.
- Next, you will have to find the Auto Erase feature and turn it on (look for the Erase Data tab).
- That’s it, the Auto Erase setup is finished. If you want to use it, just type a wrong passcode ten times.
We can all agree that this is another convenient way to resolve this issue, but in order to work, you must enable the feature first. If this feature is not enabled before your iPad is locked, you won’t be able to use it.
Using iCloud remotely to unlock iPad without computer
In this case, we will rely on another interesting feature provided by the iPad to unlock the iPad without knowing the passcode and even without a computer. To do this, you will have to visit iCloud.com the official site for this service provided by Apple. But, remember that the Find My iPhone feature on your iPad is turned on. If you don’t know the passcode and you have not turned this feature on, you won’t be able to use it. Look for another method in this case.
- So, start by visiting the iCloud official site. Use your family members’ or friends’ devices to get there.
- After that, type the Apple ID and password that you use on your iPad.
- The site has a user-friendly interface, so you probably won’t have any problems finding the Find iPhone feature. Once you find it, click on it.
- Select All Device and choose your iPad.
- Next, select Erase iPad if you want to delete your iPad and the passcode remotely.
- That’s it, you can use your iPad again.
We should point out that if you want to use this method, you need to provide your unique Apple ID and password. Additionally, the Find My iPad feature must be enabled before doing this. If you meet these two requirements, you can resolve this issue fast.
Is it possible to unlock iCloud Account and iPad Screen Lock without password?
The simple answer to this interesting question is YES. But, one of the most important things that you should remember is that you will need access to a computer to make this method work. There are many cases when people have locked their iPads and they simply can’t remember their passcodes. Some of them get their devices locked by iCloud accounts that limit some of the features. If you find yourself in a situation like this, you might want to try some of the specially designed third-party software solutions.
So, we are talking about specially designed applications that can help you unlock your iPad even without the iCloud account password and iPad passcode. The good news is that users are free to choose from a few different applications like this. Of course, for the best results (and to stay safe and protected), you should select a software solution that’s trusted by many users. We are talking about a solution created by a reliable software developer.
It’s true that every application like this works differently, but some basic steps are present in almost all of them. To help you understand how a method like this works, we will explain these steps.
- The process begins with the downloading and installation of the software solution on your computer. After that, you have to start the app and select Unlock Apple ID or Unlock iPad passcode.
- Use the Apple lightning cable to connect the iPad to the computer. Follow the instructions and let the computer detect your iPad.
This is a very simple process that doesn’t require any experience or knowledge. However, you should remember that by using this method, you will most likely have to erase all the stored data on your device. This is how the software makes the passcode go away. Additionally, you will have to use a computer.
All in all, unlocking an iPad passcode without a computer (or with a computer) is not a difficult task and you can use multiple methods to finish this task.